Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pokarekare ana

Skeletor showing a softer side with his first quote, a traditional New Zealand love song. Any primary school kid in NZ could sing this one off by heart! I had to look up some parts of the latter verses, but was surprised to recall as much as I did. (I only did 6 months of primary school in NZ, plus all of secondary college.)

The baby's bottom on this nib is far more significant than I first experienced. When writing out that very first handwriting passage on the Skeletor is Here post I was just writing train-of-thought, prattling on in full flow without pause. Writing out verse, however, meant that I was constantly pausing to check the correct spelling and accent, and the nib skipped at least once for every line! Pressing harder to get the channel to contact the page helped a little, but clearly this is not what one wants to do all of the time and I will need to get the nib seen to and adjusted.

I shall ponder my options regarding what grind to request and of whom, but will definitely keep playing with it in the meantime regardless of its posterior infantile gigantism!

As sung by Hayley Westenra below, with one heck of a traditional welcome. 

 

Hello!

Welcome to my little inky blob.

Here I ponder pens, play with inks, and share my sewing creations of pen wraps and pouches. The sewing is a new venture that I am really enjoying right now, and it's great to have fun making things that help others enjoy our awesome fountain pen hobby even more!

I have another blob, wherein I run too much. If you are interested in one, you are more than likely uninterested in the other. Then again, you might well be. After all, I am.

Cheers! Lisa.

Blog Archive